Sunday, April 26, 2009

T.R: Seymour

Altitude in its natural habitat


Today was one of the best days yet this spring, so I took advantage of the nice weather to get an extended XC session in on my new Altitude.

Started up Old Buck and rode up past the Baden Powell, to the Parkway, where I rode up to Corkscrew. A bit of a grind this at this point in the season, but well worth it. I was a little surprised by how few people I saw out there, considering it was a beautiful Saturday morning. I only crossed 5 people all day!





The trails were in great shape, no snow and minimal run off. There was definitely some blow down in spots, though most was cleared away by now. This is just past the entrance to BottleTop. The rest of it was perfectly clear, but coming around the corner, I was surprised by this carnage.




Just past this point, I came across a little watering hole I'd never seen before, opportunity for a few pics...

Pond


Frogs-to-be




Local wildlife

2 comments:

  1. Hmm the Rockies must have been feeling frisky that weekend. I caught a photo of an ETS-X grazing out in the open in the Australian Alps:

    http://ant-thirdlifecrisis.blogspot.com/2009/04/easter-alpine-riding.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm. The ETS-X is not indigenous to Oz, though you seem to have a bit of an issue with foreign species, as I recall... Generally, while Rockies are bred in a far more moist environment (Coast Mountains, BC...), they are know to migrate to drier, hotter climes...

    ReplyDelete